3. Models of Professional Learning
In this module participants will explore different approaches to the delivery of professional learning and gain an understanding of the affordances and challenges of the different learning environments. The module begins by looking at how to make the traditional face to face workshop or training more participatory. We will continue with this theme as we explore flipped, blended, and online professional learning. We will learn how a variety of events, communities, and social media tools allow us to expand our Professional Learning Network which provide opportunities for ongoing, self-directed learning. Finally, we will explore some new and exciting low-cost, informal professional learning opportunities.
Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to :
- Describe ways to make your face to face professional learning sessions more interactive and participatory.
- Describe steps to take and supports you can provide to learners to ensure a successful flipped, blended, or online professional learning experience.
- Identify various online platforms and web tools used to create, build, and deliver PD.
- Explain what a professional learning network is and list some tools that can be used to build your professional learning network.
- Discuss how various models can weave together to create a successful ongoing professional learning experience.